Lighthouse Point Marina Community Corner
The Lighthouse Point Marina has been part of the City’s landscape for more than fifty years. Although our patrons consist of many people outside of the City’s boundary, we feel it is important to help support the local community whenever possible.
Our community and charitable contributions come in many forms. In addition to the marina officers serving as board members of various civic organizations, the marina has also been involved with, but not limited to, the following:
- Sponsor and host of Keepers Day Fishing Tournament
- Sponsor and host of the Darkside of the Moon Fishing Tournament
- Founding member of the Lighthouse Point Chamber of Commerce
- Member of the Rotary Club of Pompano Beach
- Supporter of Here’s Help fundraising
- Sponsor of local athletic teams for children
- Donate playground equipment for City park
Community involvement, however, works both ways. It is not unusual to find Commissioners, the Mayor, or police and fire personnel walking the property or having lunch. In addition, the Beautification Committee recognized the clean and beautiful landscape of the marina by giving us the Beauty Spot Award, only the second of such award ever issued.
|Lighthouse Point Marina is recognized as a Founding Member of the Lighthouse Point Chamber of Commerce by Chamber President, Lynn Pagens.||The Marina supports numerous local charities including Here’s Help of Miami, seen here with Dan Marino and Y-100’s Footy at the Bubbles and Bones fundraiser.|